Friday, April 23, 2010

The Ever Changing World

Throughout the semester in Intro to Lit. we have read various books on a futuristics society. Some were surprisingly shocking as to how they closely represented our society today. I believe that these authors were reflecting on the worlds they had witnessed and warn us for a world that could be. Could our society turn into one depicted in the books? I believe so, everyday we learn more and realize that our technology is becoming more and more important by the minute. It won't be long before we rely on technology completely, even to read our books. I can see that someday your required texts for classes being able to be downloaded off line and all kept on something similar to a kindle. It's scary to think that these books really have a true meaning behind them. Like my Physics teacher always said "From Science fiction Science is born" and I believe the same thing is true with stories.

3 comments:

  1. When I was reading "Feed", I remember telling myself, this is crazy! I almost laughed at some of the things that were done and how the characters treated each other. But after this class I am not realizing that we are not that far behind this type of society. It is definitely scary to think of technology ruling the world, but in all reality we are pretty close to this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah you really nailed it. I agree with you. Our technology has taken over more than I think most of us realized and these books opened our eyes. The books all had a good messages in them that I never really thought about before. I liked your science teachers quote. It seems so true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SADLY TO SAY! but yea you are right and it is really sad! but I see it as I am really glad that I was able to take this course and learn the things that I could learn because no I know more about the unknown arising rather than it being a shocker. IF that makes sense???

    ReplyDelete