Friday, April 16, 2010

Fahrenheit 451 and Our World

Have you ever wondered if our society would one day ban all printed writings? Well recently I've finished reading Fahrenheit 451 and it occurred to me that throughout history there have been times that books have been banned. Another thought that crossed my mind was, "Would I really care?" So I'm asking you this question too. Would you care if writing was banned? I think it is important to have books to keep the uniqueness among people. It shouldn't be perceived as offensive but instead as an opportunity to relate to one another, and express what we feel and who we are as a society. We should not let ourselves go as far as losing our emotions and own ideals. Yet we should come together and share our thoughts and ideas and even emotions on a lot of issues. This would help us live better not only as a society but as a whole world. So therefore I believe I have learned a valuable lesson from Fahrenheit 451.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you. I think books are important to have and I know I would definitely notice if we couldn't read them anymore. Its also weird to think about if our society would ever ban books...but we have and still do. Some people even burn them like the people in Mexico burning the Harry Potter books. Some people just don't care about some of our freedoms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely. I could not imagine a world where all books were banned. It seems almost crazy to think of something like that. How would we all think? Would we all just be robots and follow what the "leaders" of society say, or would we still question things around us?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes!I would care I love to read, it allows me to go into a different space and learn about different things and see things from a differnt perspective, I love difference! and me not being allowed to have that out let would really bother me and I would be a Clarisse for sure!

    ReplyDelete